When you travel with kids, you come to expect the unexpected, but there are a few things you can count on when it comes to a beach vacation:
1. Someone will get sand where there really shouldn’t be sand.
2. Someone’s leg will come into contact with a clump of seaweed and all hell will break loose.
3. You’ll come home with a bucket full of seashells you have no idea what to do with but cannot throw away without risking the wrath of your children.
Good news! Those seashells are the perfect raw materials for a bunch of simple and totally doable art projects. Check out this roundup of fun and easy seashell crafts for kids to get you started.
10 Fun & Easy Seashell Crafts for Kids
1. Seashell Ladybugs from Still Playing School
2. Seashell and Beach Glass Collage from Adventure In a Box
3. Seashell Fish from Crafts by Amanda
4. Seashell Spider from A Moment in Our World
5. DIY Seashell Necklace (Young children will need help making the hole in the shell) from Kids Activities Blog
6. Rainbow Sea Shells from The Educator’s Spin on It
7. Watercolor Seashell Frame from Glued to My Crafts
8. Sea Shell Puppets from Zing Zing Tree
9. Beach Souvenir / Sensory Bottle from Sugar Aunts
10. Seashell and Salt Dough Craft from Teach Mama
2 responses to “10 Fun & Easy Seashell Crafts for Kids”
Seaweed on the leg may cause mom to overreact too…because the ocean is not my turf and everything in it wants to eat me!
I’m not that crazy, I’ll still go in. But I can’t promise panic-free swimming until the seaweed is confirmed as not a shark.
Hey, this summer especially I think you’re totally justified. There have been way too many shark bites for my comfort!